THD® Surgy: features and benefits
In the area of anorectal surgery, the availability of surgical anoscopes and retractors is particularly relevant when the number of concurrent or consecutive cases exceeds the number of available instruments.
THD® Surgy Mini and THD® Surgy Maxi are disposable surgical anoscopes designed specifically for the needs of the colorectal and general surgeons who perform anorectal procedures.
They smoothly facilitate the assessment and treatment of most proctological conditions, thanks to unique features and benefits
- Wide lateral working area:
- superior dilation for improved access to the target area.
- optimal visualization and illumination of the anal canal and the operative field.
- Atraumatic and ergonomic design:
- easy access to the anus with gentle retraction of the anal mucosa.
- no lateral stretching of the sphincters meaning increased patient comfort.
- Medical grade transparent ABS plastic material:
- superior visibility and improved illumination for better control during the procedure.
- increased safety: no burns from accidental contact between electrical cautery and traditional metal retractors.
- Asymmetrical design:
- the anal canal is elongated laterally, minimising mucosal prolapse within the operative field.
- Fully disposable and single-use:
- reduced risk of cross contamination.
- cost-effective with elimination of reprocessing costs.
- Sterile and ready to use:
- no cleaning and sterilisation costs.
- elimination of clinician reprocessing times.
- increased patient throughput.
- Available with two different sizes: mini and maxi
- versatile surgical anoscope.
- THD® Surgy Mini: suitable for patients with sphincter hypertonia or anal stenosis.
THD® Surgy: indications
THD® Surgy Maxi and THD® Surgy Mini are sterile and disposable surgical anoscopes designed to be used for proctological procedures by qualified physicians.
THD® Surgy anoscopes are particularly useful to ensure optimal exposure of the anorectal mucosa during surgical procedures in the anal canal.
THD® Surgy Maxi is an ideal disposable device for proctological needs both in the outpatient and in the theatre setting.
THD® Surgy Mini features the same benefits and applications of THD® Surgy Maxi with smaller dimensions to allow easier introduction of the device, especially suited for patients presenting sphincter hypertonia and anal stenosis.
THD® Surgy LED Line: a new generation of single use self-illuminating surgical anoscopes/retractors
Anorectal surgical procedures are often performed with low level illumination. Light delivery systems in anorectal surgery have made little progress moving from the ceiling to the surgeon’s forehead.
Fiber optic reusable instruments are still expensive to purchase and cumbersome, usually requiring additional light source and cables during the procedure and require cleaning and sterilisation after each procedure.
To help increase productivity and safety for healthcare professionals and patients, THD has designed a specific surgical anoscope with a built-in LED light: THD® Surgy Mini LED and THD® Surgy Maxi LED.
Self-illuminated surgical anoscopes provide a superior and targeted illumination, unobstructed by intervening shadows or blinding light reflection from the shiny parts of metal retractors. THD® Surgy LED surgical anoscopes free the surgeons from fiber optic cables and external light sources.
Either as a back-up solution or integrated into each anorectal procedure both THD® Surgy Mini and Maxi LED allow for faster and more accurate inspection and surgery of the anal canal.
THD® Surgy LED surgical anoscopes are available with two different sizes:
THD® Surgy Mini
- Length: 122 mm (4.80 in)
- Diameter: 23 mm (0.90 in)
THD® Surgy Maxi
- Length: 122 mm (4.80 in)
- Diameter: 28 mm (1.10 in)