AIN Lesions Treatment Module
The THD® ProctoStation system with its AIN Treatment Module allows for the multifaceted surgical options for the treatment of anal dysplastic and neoplastic lesions. It offers the surgeon the ability for electrosurgical ablation, coagulation and fulguration of anal lesions.
The AIN Treatment Module includes a high-frequency desiccator or an electrosurgical device with different single-use tips depending on the surgeons’ requirements. A smoke evacuation unit is also available.
High Frequency Desiccator
An electrosurgical device designed for the treatment of anal dysplasia and related processes on the anal verge.
The low-power, High-Frequency (HF) Desiccator includes:
- Reusable handpiece with power mode buttons (steam-autoclave x25).
- Stainless-steel mounting stand.
Additional devices that can be used in conjunction with the HF Desiccator include:
Electrosurgical Unit (ESU)
This ESU can be used for both bipolar and monopolar techniques; five different energy outputs mean it not only has standard bipolar but the ability to coagulate, cut, fulgurate and blend.
The multipurpose Electrosurgical Unit includes:
- Grounding Cable ESU – reusable (x100). To be used with grounding pad ESU (see below). Can be purchased separately.
Additional devices that can be used in conjunction with the ESU include:
- Smoke Evacuator Fusion Hand Piece – single use. An electrosurgical pencil with built-in smoke channel. Used with Smoke Evacuation Fusion Probes.
- Smoke Evacuator Fusion Suction Tubing – single use. Tubing kit for the removal and prevention of any buildup of smoke/gas/aerosol. Not for fluids. Used with Smoke Evacuator Fusion Hand Piece and Smoke Evacuator Probes.
- Smoke Evacuator Fluid Catch Tubing – single use. Tubing kit for the removal and prevention of any buildup of smoke/gas/aerosol/fluids. Used with Smoke Evacuator Fusion Hand Piece and Smoke Evacuator Probes.
- Grounding Pad ESU – single use. Earths the patient to prevent risk of electrical shocks and burns.
N.B. all items above can be purchased independently.
THD provides a selection of electrosurgical probes; these probes form part of the ESU for the treatment of anal dysplasia and other surgical requirements.
The electrosurgical probe product-line includes stainless-steel probes with alternative tips - features include:
- Internal smoke-channel for extraction of smoke directly behind the tip.
- Flexibility allowing the user to reach all angles necessary.
The various shaped tips have different features allowing the user to electrosurgically treat anal dysplasia by either ablating, coagulating or fulgurating it.
6-inch flexible probes for anal canal AIN lesions
- Fusion Flex Ball Tip: Stainless-steel ball-tipped probe; ideal for sealing blood vessels via electrothermal coagulation.
- Fusion Flex Blade: Stainless-steel blade probe; ideal for removing lesions via electrothermal fulguration.
- Fusion Flex Needle Tip: Stainless-steel needle-tipped probe; ideal for cutting lesions via electrothermal ablation.
- Fusion Flex Coag Tip: Stainless-steel tipped, Teflon coated probe; ideal for the evacuation of both smoke and fluids when sealing blood vessels resulting in quicker haemostasis.
2-inch probes for perianal intraepithelial lesions
- Fusion Ball Tip: Stainless-steel ball-tipped, flexible probe; ideal for sealing blood vessels via electrothermal coagulation.
- Fusion Plastic Blade: Stainless-steel bladed, Teflon-coated probe; ideal for ablating perianal lesions via electrothermal fulguration.
- Fusion Flex Needle Tip: Stainless-steel needle-tipped, flexible probe; ideal for cutting lesions via electrothermal ablation.
A compact, light-weight and highly efficient filtration device. The Smoke Evacuator clears potentially unsafe smoke that would accumulate during the treatment of AIN.
A footswitch allows the user to activate the device ‘hands free’. A three port, connection system means the device is versatile. The fan speed is adjustable via a push-button with an LED indicating the setting. For best results it is recommended that it is used with the Smoke Evacuator Fusion Hand Piece.
Additional devices that can be used in conjunction with the Smoke Evacuator include:
- 4-Stage Replacement Filter - filters aerosols, gross particulates, micro-organisms with 99.999% efficiency. A carbon filter absorbs toxic gases.
- Remote Activator – to automatically activate the Smoke Evacuator when connected to the ESU or HF Desiccator. Sold separately.
AIN treatment module for electrosurgery of AIN lesions: advantages and benefits
AIN Treatment Module features provide: