THD® ProctoStation: all-in-one integrated modular system
THD® ProctoStation is an integrated platform that provides the clinician the ability to perform multiple anorectal exams and electrosurgical treatments using its different modules.
Anoscopy Module: THD® ProctoStation HRA
THD® ProctoStation HRA Module offers a possible solution to the limitations associated with the use of other technologies for the screening of intraepithelial neoplastic anal lesions.
THD® ProctoStation HRA module provides high-resolution videos and image captures of the anal canal and of the anorectal junction thanks to HD camera with an all-in-one touchscreen PC and dedicated software.
Furthermore, THD® Light-Scope Procto HRA, a disposable LED proctoscope with a built-in LED light, eliminates the need for external light sources during the procedure.
The wide lateral window of the THD® Light-Scope Procto HRA proctoscope ensures easy access to the anal canal for biopsies and surgical treatments performed with the AIN Treatment Module.
THD® ProctoStation with HRA module is suitable for both the outpatient and the operating theatre setting.
To learn more about the features and benefits of THD® ProctoStation HRA module, click here.
Clinical Anorectal Manometry Module: THD® Anopress
THD® Anopress is a portable anorectal device for clinical anorectal manometry. THD® Anopress is equipped with dedicated single-use probes and a LED screen for real time display and assessment of anal sphincter pressure values as well as rectal sensitivity.
To learn more about the features and benefits of THD® Anopress, click here.
Electrosurgical Ablation: AIN Treatment module
THD® ProctoStation system is also equipped with an electrosurgical ablation module for the surgical treatment of AIN lesions.
It includes a high frequency desiccator, an electrosurgical unit, probes with different features and a smoke evacuator to treat a wide range of anal lesions in a safe and comfortable way.
To learn more about the features and benefits of the AIN Treatment module, click here.
THD® ProctoStation: features and benefits
THD® ProctoStation is an all-in-one modular system which offers exclusive features and benefits:
- more ergonomic position for the provider’s upper extremities, which are normally extended at ninety degrees when using a colposcope.
- more ergonomic position for the provider’s shoulder and neck muscles, which are normally fatigued by keeping a stiff position against the eyepieces when using a colposcope.
- Compact and versatile:
- it allows for a comfortable exam even in smaller rooms.
- suitable for both outpatient and operating theatre practice.
- it allows for multiple patient’s positions (prone, lateral decubitus or dorsal lithotomy), with no need to rearrange the equipment.
- it provides both HD motion video and still picture capture, eliminating the need for additional digital camera as with the use of other technologies.
- Ready to use:
- no need for previous calibration of the single instruments.
- no moving parts which require periodic adjustments and lubrication, which are frequent with the other technologies.
- Fast and user-friendly:
- each exam lasts less than 10 minutes on an average basis.
- it allows the clinician to offer first contact diagnostics and interpretation, eliminating the need for further medical examinations and subsequent interpretations.
- Safe and accurate:
- no interference between THD® ProctoStation lens and surgical instruments, such as biopsy forceps and power devices, typically associated with the use of other technologies.
- effective suction of both toxic smokes and fluids during the procedure.
- proctoscope and HD camera firmly connected to the patient, providing a more stable image and eliminating the need for continuous adjustments commonly associated with the use of other technologies.
- image of the anal canal centered and in focus during the whole procedure
- it allows surgeon, assistant, and observers to see the same high-quality image, while videos acquired by other technologies are often dim and cropped.
- self-contained, all-in-one modular system which can connect to different plug and play peripherals to perform different diagnostic and surgical procedures.